City Officials City Departments Ordinances Agenda / Minutes Services Organizations Churches Education Medical Housing Child Care
City Wellness Center Swimming Pool Reflection Park City Camping Info Estelline Businesses Community Calendar



Public Nuisances Defined and Prohibited - Abandoned Property: Accumulating or allowing to accumulate deteriorated, wrecked or derelict property in unusable condition, having no value other than nominal scrap or junk value, if any, which has been left unprotected from the elements, and which constitutes fire, health, or safety hazards. “Abandoned Property” shall include, without being so restricted, deteriorated, wrecked, inoperative, or partially dismantled motor vehicles, trailers, boats, machinery, refrigerators, washing machines, plumbing fixtures, furniture, and any other similar articles in such conditions.

Parking and Storage of Certain Vehicles - Automotive vehicles or trailers of any kind or type without current license plates shall not be parked or stored on any residentially zoned property other than in completely enclosed buildings.

Garbage in Streets - Occupants of the City of Estelline shall be responsible for keeping garbage or debris on yards and streets picked up and placed in proper receptacles.

Weeds/Grass - Occupants of the City of Estelline are required to keep all grass, weeds and vegetation mowed and trimmed at all times (8 inch limit). Failure to do so will result in the City mowing the yard at the rate of $50.00 for the first hour and $30.00 for every hour thereafter with your property being assessed the costs.

Burning of Trash Prohibited - It shall be unlawful to burn any garbage, refuse, or trash within the City of Estelline except that wood or paper products may be burned in a fireplace or stove located within a building in the city. However, fire pits are permitted on residential property provided the fire pits are used outdoors and do not interfere in any way with the residents living nearby.

Building Permits - A Building Permit must be obtained before starting any construction. To make an application for a building permit you must (1) identify and describe the work to be done, (2) have the legal description of the property where the proposed work is to be done, (3) indicate the use, (4) supply a sketch of your proposed construction, (5) state the value of the new construction, (6) any have the City Zoning Officer inspect your proposal, and (7) pay the required fee for the permit. The City Council must approve it before you are issued a permit and before any construction begins.

Dogs Running at Large Prohibited - It shall be unlawful for any person to permit or suffer to run at large within the City of Estelline any dog whether licensed or unlicensed.

Licensing of Dogs and Cats - It shall be unlawful for any person within the City of Estelline to keep, maintain, or have in their custody or under their control, any dog or cat which is over the age of (14) fourteen weeks, without first obtaining a license yearly from the City Finance Officer or an authorized agent. License fee if $5.00 for any male or spayed cat or dog and $10.00 for any unspayed female cat or dog over the age of one, with proof of current rabies vaccination certificate.


Copyright © City of Estelline, SD
USDA Statement


Web Site Designed and Maintained by:
MAS Media